3rd Line Support Engineer
- Sanjay Sunda
3rd Line Support Engineer
Are you looking for a new opportunity based in Manchester working for a leading service provider? Look no further!
This 3rd Line Support Engineer role encompasses providing our clients with quality face-to-face and remote IT support, as well as assisting our clients with on-boarding activities, using a broad range of systems and purpose-built toolsets.
In this role you will act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd line engineers, mentoring and coaching your engineering colleagues, vetting knowledge base articles to aid the teams and customers. You will be tasked with resolving a wide range of technical customer issues and escalating support requests where necessary to ensure that queries are resolved in line with agreed SLAs.
- Providing 3rd line technical support for hardware and software issues.
- Final escalation point for the support team.
- Root cause analysis specialist.
- Delivery of advanced technical training to the support team, to advance their skills.
- Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
- Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
- ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Provide on-site support for customers as and when required
- Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
- Track and route problems/requests and document resolutions with the provided service desk and business toolsets
- Obtain Microsoft & other related technical certifications
- Microsoft Windows sever (2012, 2016 and 2019)
- O365 and its complimentary addons (OneDrive, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc)
- Advanced virtualisation troubleshooting (HyperV/VmWare)
- Advanced firewall troubleshooting (WatchGuard/Sonicwall)
- Advanced networking skills
- Advanced InTune/MDM skills
- Storage troubleshooting (SANs & NAS)
- Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos)
- Advanced Firewall skills (WatchGuard/SonicWall)
- Advanced Networking skills (managed switching, VLAN’s)
- Excellent general hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Interested in this great opportunity? Call on 01922 666 800 to speak with a recruitment expert or get your CV over for immediate consideration.