- €50,000 - 60,000
- Belgium - Edegem
- Jack Terry
BELGIUM – EDEGEM
SHIFT PATTERN – MONDAY – FRIDAY DAYS
50,000-60,000 euros per annum + Overtime + Pension + Benefits
Due to an increase in production, a market leading manufacturing company in the automation sector has an urgent requirement for an experienced control engineer with a background working in a warehouse environment.
Working from Edegem, this opportunity offers the chance to be involved in all aspects of controls design, installations and maintenance procedures. With fantastic training and development opportunities available, these roles allow promotion in the longer term.
- Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
- To function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.
- Involvement in system definition.
- Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.
- Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers.
- Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
Skills and Qualifications (essential)
· Experience is required with of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages: Beckhoff TwinCat3, Siemens TIA portal, Siemens S7
- Be able to program in Structured Text (ST) / Structured Control Language (SCL)
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
Skills and Experience (Desirable)
· Industrial experience
· Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation
· Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (cranes, monorails, etc.)
Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. ProfiNet, EtherCat, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems
As a business our client is a global market leader within their industry and is a recognised and respected brand within their sector. Working for this global giant with blue chip customers offers an engineer the chance to work within a stable, technically challenging and progressive environment.