Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical and Electrical
- £30 - 36k Per Annum
- West Brom
- Max Grainger
West Brom, B70
Salary: £30k + Shift allowances
Hours: 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm – Monday to Friday
10pm – 6am – Sunday to Thursday
Description of Duties
- Use your specialist equipment knowledge to facilitate breakdown rectification & repair, as well as planned preventative maintenance, recording any adverse symptoms or trends.
- Rectify engineering breakdowns and offer essential technical support.
- Provide extensive electrical and mechanical fault diagnosis
- Work as part of the engineering team to promote best practice and give continuous & sustained reliability to production.
- Be working towards and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site KPI’s.
- Undertake allocated and preventative maintenance work completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within given time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance actions.
- To respond to and assist with breakdown/emergency situations on any items of plant or equipment as necessary (possible call out)
- Use hand tools and equipment correctly and safely for carrying out maintenance activities.
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- Use measuring equipment and instruments for installation or modification of plants and equipment and for calibration of plants, equipment and controls as necessary.
- Use the correct handling techniques when handling material and equipment.
- Report any malfunctions of plant or equipment to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
- Maintain the work area in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times.
- Liaise with all internal and external client departments and customers;
- Maintain all plant and equipment maintenance records up to date.
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Monitor and control maintenance costs and expenditure.
- Fitting new parts
- Fire alarm testing
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
Skills and Requirements
- 17th Edition or 18th Edition is Essential
- Experience in Electrical and Mechanical maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Able to work to heights of 25m
- Good understanding of Engineering Drawings
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Please contact Max at our Walsall Office