Manual Lathe Operator
- Cradley Heath
- Max Grainger
- Temp to Perm
Role: Manual Lathe Turner – Weekends
Location: Cradley Heath
Shift time: Friday – Sunday – Flexible night shifts (36 – 44 hours)
Pay Rate: £20.00 per hour
Mainstay Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Lathe Operator on a permanent basis for a longstanding well known company in the Cradley heath area.
Main duties of the role include:
- Setting and operating Lathes
- Familiar with open chuck boring
- Forklift Driving
- Use of overhead crane
- Machining small and large parts – 100mm to 1,000mm diameter, up to 5,000mm in length
- Being able to set/read metric and imperial micrometres and Vernier’s
- Being able to read manufacturing drawings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Able to read from engineering drawings
- Experienced of working in an engineering background
- Lathe Experience
- FLT Licence Desirable
- Overhead Crane Licence Desirable.
- Good Housekeeping
- Flexible with overtime
Hours of Work:
- Flexible night hours – Friday to Sunday (36 – 44 hours)
- Pay Rate: £20.00 per hour
If you are interested in the role, please contact Max in our Walsall office.