Senior Electrical Engineer HV/LV
- Ben Pearcey
- 21 Months
Role: Senior Electrical Engineer HV/LV
Duration: 21 Months
- To lead and manage the resources to deliver engineering outputs to enhance capability and reputation; and to maintain standards and improve the quality of it’s products, services and advice to customers.
- To lead and influence the development of work plans, including identification of improvements to systems, capabilities and/or process.
- To use existing and emerging engineering practice to lead the delivery of the work plans, which improve systems and products and provide advice and services for the benefit of customers.
- To lead and manage the generation and presentation of documentation and reports internally and externally in order to meet the needs of the customer, including; maintaining capability, integrity, standards; and/or communicating advice and knowledge and/or promoting reputation.
- To lead and provide engineering advice to other team members to improve the effectiveness and to manage resources of the team.
- To carry out continuing professional development in line with current and future needs.
- The provision of Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to major projects, delivery teams, and other clients on the design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of high/low voltage distribution/generation/earthing systems;
- Incident/accident investigations and, where necessary, the preparation of Safety Alerts
- The review and update of technical standards, policy and guidance documents to support electrical equipment and systems
- Support to the Senior Authorising Authority (Electrical) in managing it’s safe systems of work (SSoW) for electrical systems including: assessment of prospective Authorising Engineers; assurance activities, and the drafting of JSP 375 Pt2 Vol 3 Chapter 3 (MOD’s electrical SSoW).
- Support the delivery of Future Delivery Instructure Systems, including schedule analysis, tender appraisal, and contractor assessment.
- The review of electrical equipment/systems (HV/LV) incl. distribution/generation/earthing systems, protection and grading, and sub-station design.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of high voltage (HV) and low voltage (LV) distribution/generation/generation systems incl. their design, installations, commissioning, operation & maintenance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the hazards associated with electricity and the principles of protection, and experience in the management of electrical safe systems of work
Its likely that the successful candidate will have chartered status
For more information and immediate consideration please contact Ben Pearcey or apply directly to this advert
Mainstay are an equal opportunities employer