Sheet Metal Fabricator
- £11.59 - £14.03/hour
- West Brom
- Aaron Pollard
- Temp to Perm
Mainstay Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator on behalf of our long-standing client in the West Brom area. As a Sheet Metal Fabricator, you will be responsible for working from drawings for the fabrication of Sheet Metal products.
Duties of the role:
- Utilize and interpret drawings to determine how and where to fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products
- Measure, mark dimensions and lay out material to be installed using tools such as scribes, rulers, calculators, and squares
- Fasten joints and seams with various methods incl MIG/TIG welding & various fixings.
- Use hand and power tools to trim, buff, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance
- Select the appropriate type and gauge of sheet metal to be used in projects according to specifications
- Ensure safety is a priority on the job during all activities, including using tools and installing and fabricating
- Continual delivery of good quality products
- Filling in quality records as you go
- Responsible for an effective shift handover and takeover
- Report directly to the Production Group Leader, listen to all allocated instructions.
- Good knowledge of Brake press setting and operating
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement & Lean manufacturing principles. 5S, Kaizen etc.
- Previous fabrication experience essential
- Previous MIG & TIG Welding experience
Hours of work:
- 06:00 – 14:00 / 14:00 – 22:00 Monday – Friday
- Rate of pay: £11.59 – £14.03 Per hour
If you are interested in the role, please contact Aaron in our Walsall office.