Technical Support Engineer
- £26,000 - £40,000
- Aaron Pollard
Job Role: Rental Technical Support Engineer
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 (OTE: £40,000+)
Mainstay Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest generator specialists in the UK. They currently have an opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to help meet the growing demand for their services. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for carry out commissioning, repairs and electrical installation of generators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out Commissioning, Repairs and Electrical Installation of Rental Generators change over panels and ancillary equipment
- Carry out Generator servicing / PDI When required
- Provide Technical Support to all Departments as required, including carrying out site surveys.
- Provide technical assistance in planning and carrying out electrical solutions and repairs
- Provide training to customer personnel on the equipment installed.
- Assist Technical Support Manager with technical matters and queries.
- Attend site meetings with clients and advise on technical matters.
- Assist clients with after sales queries and problems.
- Provide workshop and yard support as and when required.
- Carry out on-call duties in accordance with our ongoing rota.
- Comply with company health and safety policy, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy. This includes company vehicles.
- Comply with all aspects of the company ISO 9001:2000 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) procedures, proactively contributing to the company’s continuous improvement programme.
- Possess a relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Diesel Fitting/ Plant i.e. City & Guilds, BTEC or equivalent.
- Have served/completed an approved apprenticeship in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience servicing and repairing generator
- Possess good fault-finding abilities and strong communication skills
- Previous experience of working in a Field Service / Technical environment advantageous
- Full Driving Licence essential
- Good customer awareness with the ability to respond to customers’ requirements effectively & efficiently
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Holder of ECS Card preferred but not essential as training can be given
Hours of work:
- 08:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday
- Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 (OTE: £40,000+)
If you are interested in the role, please contact Aaron in our Walsall office