- £25,000 - £30,000/Year
- Aaron Pollard
Working Time: 07:45 – 16:45 Monday – Friday
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
We are pleased to be working with one of the largest stockists and distributor of steel tube in the United Kingdom. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager to join their Leicester site. As a warehouse manager, you will be responsible for managing the workforce & maintenance of machinery & equipment in the warehouse. Ensuring compliance with the companies Quality & Health & Safety policies in all operational areas and ensuring the safe and efficient receipt, storage, processing and dispatch of goods in line with customer demand.
- Managing the daily tasks, attendance & duties of all warehouse operatives.
- Developing KPI’s.
- Giving Toolbox talks.
- Training the team in line with the companies Health & Safety & Quality policies.
- Receiving delivery of goods and supplies.
- Check for damaged or missing items.
- Rejecting no conforming goods on supplier.
- Storage of goods safely.
- Organising picking of goods for dispatch.
- Planning orders for processing.
- Organising loading of goods for dispatch.
- Ensure delivery of materials to cutting machines.
- Coordinate stock takes as required by management. Usually twice a year.
- Keep accurate stock records & ensure good stock rotation “FIFO”.
- Keep paperwork up to date.
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures.
- Ensuring the warehouse operates in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others.
- Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner.
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency.
- Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value.
- Work in a safe manner and comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Demonstrates excellent management skills.
- Excellent communication skills to employees & senior management.
- Balanced and confident.
- Applies experience and logic.
- Achievement Focused.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Makes productive contributions.
- Team player with a positive effect on the mood of the workforce.
- Consistently manages the task.
- Is self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty and has a collaborative approach when dealing with others.
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to lead & work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work accurately and methodically.
- Good numeracy and IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise work.
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and count stock items.
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks.
- Good understanding of customer deliverers and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- GCSEs level A-C,
- IOSH or NEBOSH certificate.
- A current forklift truck & Electric Overhead Crane license is essential.
- First Aid at work certificate preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Tube cutting saws (e.g Adige’s,Bewo’s,Simec,).
Benefits & Package
- Competitive salary: £25,000 – £30,000
- 25 + Stats Holidays
- On site parking
If you are interested in the role, please contact Aaron in our Walsall office